Taisho - Large Calligraphy
- Implementation time：45min
- Basic charge：1~2person ￥17,600（inc.tax）※Same price for 1 or 2 person
3person above/per person ￥8,800（inc.tax）
- Event date：By request reservation only
【Activity description】Every December at the famous temple Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto is announced the “Kanji of the Year” and performed it as a big writing called taisho, a large calligraphy artwork which is written with a large brush.
At “Pink. Asakusa Cafe” you can experience the taisho and attend a live performance by a professional calligrapher Master of Shodō Kōji Takano.
There are no restrictions, feel free to write down your ideas!
Takano sensei will guide you to create your personal taisho so even beginners can feel at ease.
It is also good to become an artist by facing "calligraphy" by yourself.
Join Takano sensei with your family and friends and improve your creativity!
Come and have experience a one-of-a-kind calligraphy performance in Asakusa!
【Activity features】◎The lesson is recommended at all those who:
· Are interested in calligraphy and art.
· Want to experience the fascination of Japanese culture.
· Want to challenge her/himself writing kanji.
· Like drawing and writing.
· Want to meet directly a professional calligrapher.
Anyone interested in learning more about Japanese culture and art is welcome!
◎Photo and video allowed!
It is permitted to take photos and record videos during the experience.
◎Best location for sightseeing in Asakusa!
The experience location is a good location, about 3-minute walk from Kaminari-mon.
This experience is supported by an interpreter guide.
Languages available: English.